Wednesday, February 27, 2013

a little update

I just wanted to tell you all that my MIL's surgery seems to have gone well and she is recovering.  I know the upcoming months will be hard but we are off to a good start.

My mom is in a rehab facility and doing well also.

AND  I did both of my shots myself last night!  Brooke was on the phone so I used that as my opportunity to just do it.  Funny my two biggest fears were poking my hand  because I flinched or closed my eyes as I usually do or I would actually poke the needle in and forget to push the plunger or something.  Well I did start to go for it and hesitated but not until I did actually prick my tummy.  I couldn't believe it I just started laughing at myself I didn't even feel it I just saw my skin pull back.  At that point I just stuck it in and it was fine.  Did the second one and done!  I was so proud of myself :)  Then ten min later after the adrenalin wore off I was like ouch but I think it was all in my head.

I also went to a therapy session last night.  I didn't realize how much venting can help and not having to filter or worry about who would hear this or that made all the difference.  This blog also helps a bunch too so thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. Glad all went well with your MILs surgery. I hope she recovers well. And good for you with self injecting ;)

    ReplyDelete