Thursday, June 20, 2013

So we did it again

Well I have been so grumpy with all this fertility crap I just said "F" it!  I started another cycle at the end of May and now I am 10 days past a 3 day transfer of 3 embryos.  All three looked good but all three also had a bit of fragmentation but still a high grade.  I am scheduled for my BETA test on Sunday.

I can't even begin to start with all the crap that goes on with this process.  They were sending my meds out every other day because my insurance has some no waste policy and the pharmacy can't seem to make up its mind on what exactly this means.  One cycle they send all the meds the next part then another part.  Well this time I was on such a high dose it was ridiculous, right when I received delivery I would call in another order...annoying!

We made it through that mess went in for retrieval and they only got 7!  I was on so much meds and only 7 WTF!  Then after getting home we had 3 messages that they needed to do ICSI (inject one sperm into each egg) because our swimmers didn't meet the standard.  This is an additional $2500 if insurance doesn't approve.  We couldn't wait or we could lose them all so we said "do it" praying the insurance would cover and it seems it did thank goodness.  That crisis averted we waited to find only 5 fertilized.  So we were scheduled for a 3 day transfer and I was so bummed.  The whole cycle feels like a cluster Fu@%.

I told Brooke I was done.  If this cycle doesn't work it is her eggs next!  I have not been doing anything more than taking the meds.  I usually try to eat better or read a bunch on fertility boards.  I had no interest until about  Monday when I just peaked in on the boards to see what was up with the ladies.  I started to feel more into it but still didn't get invested.  Yesterday I just felt odd.  I told my co worker if I wasn't pregnant I would be pissed with how I feel but what are the odds for me, the meds make all these things happen after all.  I know I have done it enough times.  I was also running to pee so much yesterday.

Sooo  very long story short.  I POAS this morning and we have 2 lines!  If you made it this far in my rant the good news is we are pregnant again!  It is really really early and I am trying to be cautious but it is getting harder by the min.  It was a year ago I was pregnant for the first time.  Brooke says maybe I can only get pregnant in June :)

Now I am going to try to get my mind and body into it and be good.  Eat better and take care of myself better.  I cannot help but be excited.  If something goes wrong I will have to deal then, but for now I am so happy to say I am pregnant!  It was also the best thing to wake Brooke up to today, She didn't know I was going to POAS this morning.  Honestly I didn't know until I just did it.

2 comments:

  1. That's fantastic! So glad you finally got a BFP again. Will be interesting to see how many took! Let us know how the beta goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what great news! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete