Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Creeping up on second try

This is the first time blogging for me but after finding wiegandwrites blog I feel inspired or compelled. 



My wife and I just recently started our new adventure of baby makin.  It took a lot of time for us to come to this TTC (Trying to conceive) agreement.  We are complete opposites.  My wife Brooke is a fly by the seat of your pants kind of girl.  Always wants to make people happy and very sweet.  I on the other hand am a total control freak.  We have been together for about 8 years now and married since 9-22-07.  We have a house and are feeling like this is it...I also hear my biological clock gonging... I am 34 and she is 31. 



Well we decided to seriously consider growing a family and just needed to work out the logistics.  She wanted to ask one of our friends and I was firmly against!  I can't have someone else feeling they have ANY say in our babies life.  After going through our feelings and doing some research we also decided to go with a open donor much like Jen & Megan of wiegandwrites from the blog that started me on this blogging thing



I feel like I am reading our story when I look at the wiegandwrites blog.  We did our first IUI at home on June 30, 2011.  We were so lucky to find a midwife who was able to teach my wife how to do the insemination in our home.  It feels more intimate and much more relaxed at home.  I feel so lucky to be able to do this. 


So we did it and we waited..and waited..and waited.  It did feel like forever!  Every little thing I felt I wondered about but I didn't want to tell Brooke.  She would be the first to look it up and analyze.  I didn't want to get her hopes up or mine.  But I was so hopeful.  I really thought it was going to happen.  But it didn't.  Started my period July 13th.


Now we are planning try number 2.  Scheduling the pickup for next Monday and hope to O (ovulate) maybe Wednesday.  Now our next big question is do we get more than one vial??  I have read about people doing one then 16 or so hour later doing another.  I really hate uncertainties.  Still haven't settled on that one yet.  Guess I'll let you know when I know
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out!!! You should have told me you created a blog! I had to find it on my own!!! Can't wait to keep reading!

    I think you'll enjoy it. It's kind of addicting (almost as bad as POAS!) :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and what kind of dog is Livi??? He/she is ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was embarrassed to admit I was stalking you J. My blog is not nearly as thought out as yours but I tried.

    Livi (Olivia) is an Italian Mastif. She is about 90 lbs. at a year and a half. Seamus is a collie dane mix about 160 lbs (that’s down about 10 lbs since Livi came along) He is about 7 yo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meg's parents have an English Mastiff. My parents have a Newfoundland. I don't know how we ended up with little dogs lol. She's beautiful! I grew up with a collie, but he definitely wasn't 160 lbs!!! (must be the great dane!)

    Don't be embarrassed! I'm just glad I'm not writing for myself! It doesn't have to be thought out...just honest.

    Did you know you can link it to babycenter???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am stalking all of you and dumping tons of baby dust, baby mulch, baby glitter, baby flour, baby soil, baby stuff, baby whatever, (just not baby shit) all over and not gonna vacuum it up till someone gets knocked up. So keep your fingers (not your legs) crossed.

    ReplyDelete