Monday, July 25, 2011

first peak of estrogen today

After a nice weekend doing my best to not think baby... my monitor says I am at high fertility (not peak) .  So I put in the order for sperm pick up tomorrow.  I feel much calmer this time and I am still not sure why.  Maybe I have resigned to doing my best and what happens will happen, or I am just saving up my crazy for after the insemination.

I guess what's on my mind today is more after baby things like the things I still want to do around the house.  Paint nursery, fix the yard, install cabinets in dog room/pantry. Seriously we have only had the house 2 years and have already done so much, I should be realistic but I want things NOW.  Wow I'm a pest :)  Mind you, I don't particularly want to do the work now...I want someone else to.  Reality check!  We will get it done little by little.

We have decided almost 100% on a name for a boy (Michael Sherwood Cavanagh) we even have more than one, we like Tobias and Henry.  We like old names.  We will not actually give a name until we see our baby.  Brooke is firmly against calling my belly a name :) we also don't plan to know the sex in advance so that makes it more interesting!  But for some reason we cannot find a girls name.  We are planning to use family names from Brooke's side for a boy.  I was playing with family names from my side for a girl and I kinda like it but Brooke seems on the fence and I am not 100% myself.  I also have no idea how my family members will feel about it.  So I will throw it out here and see if anyone says anything.  Eva Louise Cavanagh????  We could call her EL (L).  I kinda like it.  Suggestions are welcome but I make no promises about actual consideration!

Well I will give an update when I have one.  Keep your fingers crossed :)

2 comments:

  1. We have struggled to come up with a potential girl's name also. I have a feeling that once we actually find out Meg is pregnant I won't care what we name our child (as long as he/she is healthy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the names to have picked out! We have boy and girl names picked out already. Actually we've had a girl's name since I joked about it after we first got together 7 years ago. Who knows if they'll stay what we have picked out, but we have some for now.

    ReplyDelete