Friday, April 6, 2012

Denied, but that's OK

Well my RE office called this morning to let me know I will be getting a letter from BCBS denying IVF at this point.  They also said that next Tuesday when the Dr. is back he plans to call the insurance company and try to change the decision.

I have to say I am not all that upset.  I was hoping for approval but in a way I am terrified of IVF.  If it comes to IVF or even if I do get approval next week I will do it.  BUT if not I will do my 4 IUI cycles with my new Dr. that I think I am really going to like.  Maybe with the surgery and D&C it will be enough to tip the scale in my direction.  How happy would I be if the next IUI did it!  I know I will be crushed if I get another BFN even though it shouldn't be a surprise.

I think I am stuck in my head right now...one minute I am thinking it could happen then next minute I have doubts.

All I know is I am not planning for failure in the long run so I just have to wait my turn.  I am trying to let go and enjoy the little things more.  I have been successful the last two months while we were not TTC.  Who knows if I can keep it up when the two week intervals of life start again.

Hope you all have a happy Easter.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I'm sorry you got denied, but it sounds like you're in a good place moving forward. Hopefully it won't matter because you won't need IVF anyway!

    ReplyDelete