Thursday, June 21, 2012

7 follicles so far

So I went in for BW and US today.  I still haven't heard from the RE office but I know they found 2 follicles on my right side and 5 on my left.  They are still small but it is a start.  Actually I keep getting tinges of pain in my lower back this morning.  I keep telling myself it is nothing but honestly it kinda hurts!  Not to mention I STILL HATE ME RE OFFICE.  I know old news... 

They called in my scripts at the start and then, as we go, they tell me what to use and how much.  Then I look at what I have and it doesn't add up.  Right from the start I didn't have enough of one med so I called and the nurse said "I should have ordered two pens not one, just call in the refill" this one pen cost $800 without insurance and $25 with.  So when I had to pay another $25 I felt relieved except for the fact that it would have been one copay not two if she sent it in correctly.  Fast forward 3 days to my second BW when they added another shot.  I go home and look and I don't have enough if they tell me to continue more than 3 days as I think they will.  So I call again.  She says the same thing she should have ordered 14 not 7 since I have to use 2 a day.  Another $25 co pay.  I am just tired of double checking my RE and worse finding mistakes.

Add to that my poor Shamus had an emergency operation yesterday.  Shamus is our 7 year old Dane Colly mix.  It was a hard day.  He had an intestinal blockage that without surgery he wouldn't make it.  The surgery started at $2500.  We still don't know the total since he has to stay at the vet a few more days.  He is a healthy boy otherwise so I couldn't say no.  He is family no matter how tight money gets.

Brooke and I were supposed to go to a wedding this weekend in VT and I actually thought I would make it, but not now.  I can't have someone watch our dogs after this surgery.  I will stay home.  I am not sad to stay with Shay but I am disappointed the wedding didn't work out.  I was hoping for a mini vacation with my wife.  Such is life right!

I am sorry this is a blah post but that is how I feel today.  I should add that Shamus came through the surgery and he is looking good so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment