Monday, June 25, 2012

4 follicles, 2 fertilized 3 day transfer

Well I have had a week from hell.  To start I told you about Shamus.  Well he is home again and doing well now.  When we picked him up on Friday he was urinating blood.  We realized this in the parking lot at the vet.  We brought him back in and they said to keep an eye on it.  Long story short we brought him back first thing in the morning and they gave him antibiotics thinking it may be a UTI..  After a dose or two no more blood and we should get test results today.  He does seem to be himself and we are very happy to have him home.
I went in for BW and US on both Thursday and Friday and was told to trigger Friday night.  This would be our first inter muscular shot and it went better than I thought.  We iced my butt and I barely felt it.  I had to go in on Sunday morning for the egg retrieval and no surprise it wasn't my Dr.  I am not sure he really works at all!  It was a little painful but with Brooke taking care of me I am doing well.  They only got 4 mature eggs and want to do a 3 day transfer.  When they told me this I started to cry.  I really wanted more and I thought I would have had more.  This office doesn't give much info so I shouldn't be to surprised.  They sent us home and I got the call this morning that only 2 fertilized.  Again I know I should be happy but I am really kinda sad.  I KNOW IT ONLY TAKES ONE!  It is just hard when you start to think one thing and another thing entirly happens.
Brooke and I didn't make it to the wedding.  I knew after Shay's surgery I wasn't going to go.  It would be to much to ask for someone to look after him and honestly I couldn't stand the thought of not being with him myself.  We actually cuddled in my bed most of the day Sunday and Brooke babied us both. She is a good mom and wife.  I was sad Brooke didn't go but relieved as well.  With my luck she would have gotten stranded in VT and I would have had to take a taxi for the egg retrieval :)
All in all I am trying hard to think positive.  I am having a hard time knowing we only have 2 and that it will be a 3 day transfer.  It makes me feel that they are not strong enough.  It also makes me wonder why?  I never imagined I would be going through this.  I know no one does.  God willing both little beans catch and we have a healthy pregnancy and get to hold our babies real soon.
I really appreciate being able to get this out of my head.  It makes it less scary some how.  I posted on the message board this morning about the fertility stuff and everyone keeps saying positive things.  I know it can happen.  It is just a little easier to look at both sides so I don't get crushed if it doesn't.
Thanks again for all your support and I hope others know they are not alone.  This trying to get knocked up thing can be really hard especially if you feel like your the only one. <3

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there. I know it's hard. I only ended up with one that was worth putting back and had a two day transfer just recently. I'm still in the wait so still don't know if it took but I understand how you feel. It's a daunting feeling not knowing which way things might go, especially if you don't have a few frosties in reserve. Keep your chin up. I'll have my fingers crossed for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know many will say think positive and at times that is just out of the question. I'm sorry you are feeling the way you are feeling. This journey is quite the journey and it sucks because we have no idea what turn we are going to be faced so many of these. Hang in there and I'm thinking positively for you!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just catching up on your blog. Glad to hear that you are able to do the IVF. I hope the transfer went well this week. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete