Wednesday, June 13, 2012

the ball is rolling now

I started spotting last night and have AF today.  It was a bit of a shock, mostly because I have been waiting for it, because this triggers all the stim meds to start.  My calendar said I would start the 16th and the Dr. estimated by the 18th but this is not out of the ordinary looking back at my charts and considering the meds I have already taken.  I called into the doc. and now I am scheduled for ultrasound and blood work tomorrow morning.  Then they tell me what new meds to start.

The estimated egg retrieval will be around the 25th.  We were supposed to go to a wedding in VT on the 23 but I think I will have to miss it.  Stress is a big thing during IVF I hear and as much as I wanted this get away, with all the monitoring I am already stressing.  I told Brooke to bring her BF and have fun.  It is for the best.  NOW I need to figure out what I will do for my shots while she is gone!  I will figure it out or possibly do it myself.  I'm such a baby :)

I am doing my best to turn my fear into excitement because I am excited when I forget about all the steps.

I hope everyone is doing well and I hope I have real good news to report soon.

If any interesting news comes up I'll let you know :)  Till then........

4 comments:

  1. Glad everything is going well! Time will sure fly by so cherish every moment! I just did my trigger and I have my retrieval on Friday! Good luck and I will think positive thoughts for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roll on egg collection! How many are you guys planning on transferring back?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say it makes me smile when I get a comment. Makes me feel not so alone in this.

    Lexi + Sarah - I am so glad to find someone only a week or two ahead it is like a sneak peak. I hope your retrieval goes well. How many do you think you will get?

    non-fat-caramel-gal-about-town - The doc hasn't really had this discussion with us yet but I plan on two. We would be thrilled with twins so it doesn't seem like a huge risk. 3 kinda scares me and I know we aren't ready for that yet. I hope I have enough to freeze

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha 3 would scare me too! Everything crossed for frosties xx

    ReplyDelete